• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 142 GTL... how to rewire for Cobra 4 pin mic?

what I mean is I want to take out he 5 pin jack from the 142 gtl and replace it with a 4 pin jack...

Why bother?

The info on what the mic wires are doing is on the first link I put up there. If you can't figure it out from there, then don't do it. Get a converter plug and make it all easier on yourself. Those converter plugs are real cheap. Worth it to keep that 142 unmolested.

:oops:

Last edited:
All things Cobra 142 GTL here (including various mic wiring):

Cobra 142GTL

I would get a 4 pin to 5 pin converter. They are cheap and allow you to keep your mic wired for your other 4 pin radios:

C4P5C Microphone Adapter 4 Pin to 5 Pin CB Radios, Base CBs, HAM Radios, CB Antennas, Microphones, Speakers, Stryker, Connex, Galaxy and more at WalcottCB.com
i have a cobra 142gtl 5 pin and am wanting to wire a cobra dynamic plus ca-50 4 wire mic to it any help would be greatly appreciated. dont want to wait til i could order a adapter. thanks for the post

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.