• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 148-B MADE IN JAPAN

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
Saw this one and thought it was interesting , kind of has a cybernet look to it , very simlar to Midland boards , this surely has a simlar look to the old Boman series radios which were cybernet boards as well. This one surely got past me over the years.
ax53007gs5.jpg

switch where the hell do you find these if you sell that or find another keep me in mind please that would make a nice addition to the collection ;)

That was a Ebay special. It does have that cybernet look , if I was a guessing man I'd bet to say 02A chip ? most cybernets had that chip along with the Midlands and G.E's ,Bomans ,Colt's,Lafayette's,Hygain's,Pearce Simpson's even good ole Kraco's and others :) I've heard many guys put down the cybernet radios , I always thought they were pretty good , especially the receive on many of those models. IM no expert but I'd like to think that those PLL02A chips were great and very easy to mod. Those were days. :)

nice find.from the looks of it looks like the old fcc licence
they use to have for11 meters on the right side of radio
started with k-----?also with extra channels

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.