• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 148 f gtl mic gain issue

techster

May 5, 2011
Hello all I am new to the forum and I have an issue I am stumped on I have a 148 gtl f and the mic gain has no effect at all. I can turn it down and it is still wide open I have replaced the potentiometer with no success and also changed the audio amp transistors. Nothing else has been modded and vr 11 still controls the ssb output. It is a very special radio to me and I need to get it figured out. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where to look or start. Or somewhere i can send it to get it fixed that is reasonable and honest. I am handy with radios but this one has me stumped. Thanks in advance:confused:

not a board i'm familiar with, so i'm not sure if the mike gain pot is hardwired to the board via its own pins or via wires, anyway first thing i'd check is the point where the hot side of the mike gain pot and the wiper join the board, as it sounds like its shorted,you might have to follow each's track back a bit to find a short.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.