• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 GTL-DX

SmackDown said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Switch Kit, I was just looking..I didn't have the "golden screwdriver" in my hand :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I've read that this radio had the MB 8719 chip and how versatile it is..then when I looked inside mine I found a different chip and I wonder how versatile it is compared to the 8719... I'm trying to learn as much as possible about this rig.

73's to all and the fine families

I was kidding SD , I forgot to place the happy face icon . IM no expert dude , the 8719 is a great chip as far as I know , and any radio I ever owned that had the M145106 was a good radio. You got some real picky people around here SD and that's OK . As far as IM concerned that's one of my favorite CB's of all time !! I had one stolen out of my car in 1992 )-: , and that was the last one I ever owned.
cobra_148gtldx.jpg

superstar360fmph8.jpg

switch i never saw a 360 with that style of mode and band knob, they have always had the same style as the other knobs on the radio and the same as the 148
:?

it's looks to be only the band and function switches on that 360 , they might have got it used with missing knobs but all the others look the same.

your 148dx is a 148 in name only, its a relabeled superstar 360.

it has its advantages over a standard 148 gtl in its ability to cover more frequencys and have more modes of transmission.

as far as using it as a cb i would rather have a 148 gtl as its reciever is far superior.
The Superstar is a re-badged 148 GTL DX. The Cobra was on the market first. I sold both back in the day. They are both equally as good as the other, as they are identical in every way but name. Both a Uniden chassis and classics.

Reactions: CrazyCouillon
As far as I know the cb band 148f was made for Cobra by Ranger.
I've sold a couple 360's to guys who put a 148 dx faceplate on them. Same radio, built in the same factory.

As far as I know the cb band 148f was made for Cobra by Ranger.
I've sold a couple 360's to guys who put a 148 dx faceplate on them. Same radio, built in the same factory.
Looking inside the rig I'd betting it's Uniden. The PC boards have the same markings, the components likewise look to be from the same suppliers. Finally, the chassis number (PB-010) is a Uniden.
Not that important because both houses produced some great radios and the 360 is certainly one of them.
Here's a video I recently did of the Spec Testing of the radio:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.