• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 SSB

I have a Cobra 148GTL made in Malaysia and my question is when on SSB am I transmitting on a locked sideband frequency and my voicelock is just for tunning in the radio I am listening to,and if so doesn't that make it that much harder to talk to multiple radios?

Don't unlock the clarifier unless you run an external freq counter or a 148F...otherwise you'll be sorry.

Don't unlock the clarifier unless you run an external freq counter or a 148F...otherwise you'll be sorry.

I prefer an ulocked clarifier but my base Uniden Madison is stock. You don't need a counter, just listen and make small adjustments. That is the great debate though.

An unlocked clarifer on an otherwise stock 148 will move 2.5 kc. Is a freq. counter necessary for that little amount? I think not and I can be obsessive about being on frequency!

dxChat
Help Users