• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148GTL mods?

Nov 30, 2010
Hi i have a 148 soundcrapper can anyone tell me how to tune and or get more out of this radio thanks

Hi i have a 148 soundcrapper can anyone tell me how to tune and or get more out of this radio thanks

scrap it out! Take the final, driver and pre driver out of it, those 3 components are worth more than the radio. The soundcrappers are good to take out into a dirt pit to use for handgun plinking.

I wouldn't push it. If it works OK; then go with it. Or sell it and get a different radio. I have one and it works just so-so. I certainly wouldn't try to peak the modulation or the ALC. That model of radio is really muzzled from the factory in the circuit itself. Trying to mod that is like jacking up the radiator cap on a car - and then driving a new car underneath it. I hope that makes sense.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.