• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 150 GTL DX NO RECEIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSTAHNKE81

Jul 25, 2008
OK, So i bought a brand new Cobra 150 GTL DX, i turned it on and everything seemed to work fine (ofcourse, it only receives 10 meters out of the box which is dead around here) Anyway, i then preceded to remove R138 which opens up the CB band. I turn it back on and everything is fine (im 100% SURE IT IS NOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE R138 MOD, I WAS VERY CAREFUL) Except....there is NO SIGNALS coming in. I here static next to nothing ofcourse wiith no antenna, but when i put in the coax the static jumps up like everything is fine. Basically it is acting as if it receiving on some random unused frequency because i am getting an S3 in noise, JUST NO STATIONS COMING IN!!! Its driving me nuts, cant figure this out. By the way, i tested the TX on my scanner that goes down to 29MHZ. It is DEFINETLY transmitting (atleast above 29mhz) SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP, I AM TOTALLY DUPED ON THIS ONE!!! Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.