• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 19 ltd

Leathercity

Oct 11, 2016
My mom gave me a NOS Cobra 19 ltd and a 4' ant. I got a 18' cable and adjusted the swr. All channels are reading below 1.5. My question is, why can I have not heat any TX unless the transmission is very close. Ohm'd out the ground on ant mount and ant. Everything checks out good. I have tried adjusting the RF Gain inside the case but no change. I am also having a hard time finding any information on this particular radio.

Sometimes you need to wait a while before someone gets on the radio. Will also depend greatly on what channel you are listening to and where you live. Usually ch 17, 18, & 19 are the ones most active locally and distantly for AM only radios.

If you are having a problem with your radio, it is best to send it to a tech rather than getting in there and messing with the alignment controls - unless you know what you are doing. Otherwise, be best to leave them alone - IMO . . .

my first guess is that you are using a firestik antenna, and that's why you mentioned that you were using 18 feet of cable.

how did you go about adjusting the SWR?
where on the vehicle is the antenna mounted?
how much of the antenna is actually sticking up past the roof?
how exactly did you mount the antenna to the vehicle?

you may just be experiencing the normal emptiness of the average CB channel these days, but let's make sure.

do you have a walkie talkie for CB or any other means of putting out a signal on the CB band and viewing its effect on your 19LTD's meter?

don't mess around inside the radio, and if you moved that internal VR that controls the receive gain, put it back to the general position it was in before you touched it.

i have one of these radios and have lots of info on them, but i seriously doubt your problem is inside the radio.
if it is, the radio needs to be looked at by a tech.
you can message me if you would like a recommendation on where to send it should you choose to do so.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.