• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 NO AUDIO but S/RF shows RX

jetman

Feb 6, 2013
Ok, been kicking my butt for a couple weeks now. replaced Audio IC and Pwr IC (Pwr IC was replaced for a different issue). replaced caps C172, 175, 176, 186. Replaced TR19 and TR43. TR14 was upgraded for the 2999 rx upgrade. No audio from any port (phones jack=unknown). No audio in CB or PA modes and no audio on AM, USB, LSB. I can touch the board and get audio interferrence so I know the speaker points are getting power. Mic connection is also good and mic, itself, has been tested. She will TX on all modes with full modulation. I have also checked VR3(SQL) to make sure it's not opened too far. I'm shooting a 1000Hz, 100uV load to get a 9 on the S/RF meter. She is definately receiving. aand on every channel.

Does anyone have any ideas? I cannot figure out what I'm missing here. All components look to be soldered correctly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.