• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 vs. Uniden Washington

i know i have both and i gotta say the washington seems to have better audio and much better on ssb. in fact the best radio i ever heard was a guy up on the free bands on ssb with a uniden washington it would put all those ham units to shame and he was using a plus 3 turner. i use an expander 500 on mine and get great reports in fact have had others talk on my radio and love the way it sounds. the cobra 2000 is excellent too but that uniden washington just gets louder and is very very clear. been using a echomax 2000 on the cobra 2000 with great results but that mic makes anything studio quality. was talking with a guy infact last friday night and he was switching between a uniden washington and rci 2980 and the washington was much cleaner in sound both were loud but the washington loud and very clear he was using a D104 night eagle on them both. yup the washington is a great talker.
I have both but the 2000 is in the shop and the Washington needs help. I can't wait to have them both up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?