• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Hello any of you into Cobra 2000 radios I just took 1 in on trade its really really nice.I am curious what this things worth It has 2 matching apeakers all channels clarifier and the frequency counter mod that stablizes it and hols it so there no number jumping. I have a orinal box and packing foam with another whole parts radio that could also be fixed and ran what would this all be worth in your opinions I am just curious.. I will also check EBAY Thanks to all..

condition is better then good ? two speakers ? original box and packing ? manual ? ....275.00 to 450.00 ......give are take a buck or two ....it just depends on who wants one and being at the right place at the right time. Decent enough radio but they have become dinosaures over the years ...I believe the last model made was in 1993 ? ...so there getting older and parts like freq counter and power supplies can get costly if you can find them ? ....if your thinking of selling the radio there Tony ....I would guess to say that would be a good bet on your part ...get the money while the getting is good and the radio is in top condition.

Ok thats what I was thinking also on the selling price. They are old but like the old 148GTL some peolpe swear by these and absolutely just love them. I think they are neet radios and in there time were top notch but I have alot of radios to go through and get out the door like a pretty clean RCI 2990 that needs finals and a tune up I got to start movin som stuff out its gettin knee high LOL thanks for the input......Tony

I think SwitchKid hit it on the head......I've seen quite of few of these rigs, bone stock with two speakers, original box, manual go for over 400 bucks, It seems kind of crazy, but It's all what someone is going to pay........Are you looking to sell it for a quick buck? I'd hang on to it and treasure one of Cobra's legacy's.....They sure do look good in the Ol' sugar shack, that's for sure...........73's my friend.......... :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.