• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 200gtl on its way

RugRat235

May 1, 2005
for awhile now i've been wanting a magnum s-9 then all of a sudden the cobra 200 gtl came out. i've had alot of radios in my time and i just don't think your gonna get a better radio for the price. i got mine for $229 with free shipping from amazon.com. then it has a $25 0ff mail in rebate. so thats $204 for the radio. i have always either tuned my own radios or had bob at bobs cb do them. one thing i don't like about the s-9 is there isn't any info being released to the public on these radios as far as tuning goes. all the info for the 200gtl is already up on cbtricks. i just can't wait to get this radio and see what it does for the price. also i'm still gonna get me that s-9 but not for awhile. i figure i saved about $180-$200 going with the cobra.

Just got my 200 GTL today!!!!

As far as the S-9, IMHO, don't waste your $, I traded for an S-3 and boy was that a mistake!! YES it was as loud as hell!!
Yes it did better than 45 watts. BUT...... SPLATTERRRRRRRR!!!
What a JOKE!. People on 5 channels both ways could hear me.
MAGNUM S- Series, Loud and all over the place.
:bash
Shouldn't have traded that Jackson!
But, sold that POS, and got this beauty.
Will post more after intial conversion. :bounce

Hey RugRat, good deal on the Cobra 200, Keep us posted on it's performance......I've never tried alot of these new radio's that's on the market today......I still like my old Uniden chassis rigs. I just got my black face Pres Jackson today from good ol Ebay.......Very happy with it, I've been looking for one for a while......As far as the Magnum's, never tried em that's crazy about the splatter, I'm sure with a good tune and alignment, they can be good contender....I should be getting my Galaxy 93T from Panama sometime this week, Kinda curious on its performance......Anyways, enjoy your new rig RugRat, and let us know what the skinny is on her...........73's for now

Sounds like a good deal RugRat................... Just got my new radio a week ago from ebay a mint Connex 4800 $225.00..more channels than I will ever know what to do with 24.265 - 29.655 :LOL: but lots of swing and nice receive :D very happy with it.

cobra 200 will shoot dx with the best of them 100 watts, and some conditions thats all you need

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.