• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 2010 wx anyone use one?

liquidh8

Aug 7, 2011
I have a guy that has one of these. I don't know alot about them. I read somewhere the are the same board as the other cobras with the 8719 pll, but without that chip and it could be put in there to get the channels. I guess I am asking is if all the mods you would do on a 148gtl or similar would work on this and would it talk good on SSB?

Thanks guys

I seen that review, thank you. But I was more curious to if someone could give their own opinion i guess. I have a 8719 chassis, and 858 chassis, and a ept3600 chassis, and I like them all.

I know I wrote the article but seriously heed my advice, that radio sucks. You can buy a older Cobra 2000, Uniden Madison, etc and have a way better radio.

Will it work okay, yeah, a year from now will you say to yourself "man this is a great radio"....nope.

ok cool, thanks guys. I have decided against it, since I have a few junk radios already laying around, lol. thanks!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.