• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 21 LTD ST Any Comments Good or Bad? (NT)

A

Avcat

Cobra 21 LTD ST Any Comments Good or Bad?

(This message was left blank)

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/uavcat.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Avcat</A> at: 4/26/02 11:49:50 pm

well... I have one here setting on the shelf here at the shop, it needs a new CB/PA switch. All I can say is that this unit is built cheaply like a Rat Shack unit. You can't very easily do any mods to this thing, I did put in variable talk back via the RF Gain control, but, don't think that didn't take some serious experimentation, Roger beep board would be a fairly simple modification, but you have to have a good reel of desoldering braid. Like the Rat Shack units, all the controls are PCB mounted and the control board is soldered to the main board... I would go with an much older unit in the 21 class, or just buy anything without this useless Sound Tracker label on it.

Thanks,
Dodgem

DM CB & Scanner Repair

well... I have one here setting on the shelf here at the shop, it needs a new CB/PA switch. All I can say is that this unit is built cheaply like a Rat Shack unit. You can't very easily do any mods to this thing, I did put in variable talk back via the RF Gain control, but, don't think that didn't take some serious experimentation, Roger beep board would be a fairly simple modification, but you have to have a good reel of desoldering braid. Like the Rat Shack units, all the controls are PCB mounted and the control board is soldered to the main board... I would go with an much older unit in the 21 class, or just buy anything without this useless Sound Tracker label on it.

Thanks,
Dodgem

DM CB & Scanner Repair

Bingo. They don't call em Soundcrappers for nothing. If there was a clean used one that actually worked I would pay about ten bucks for it or pass.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.