• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 25 LTD Tune Up

skirk55

Nov 6, 2006
Bucks County Pa. 18940
I have a Cobra 25 LTD CB and it's in need of a going over. I can't replace it. It was a gift from someone that meant allot to me so I want to keep it. Can someone please tell me where to ship it to get looked at? When I install it in my truck I want it to work as good as it can!

Welcome to the forum 55 , whats going to be your use for the radio ? You got a decent antenna to go with it ? Good match ? remember 90% of your radio when it comes to TX/RX .....the antenna is numeral uno !! (-: Don't get me wrong here 55 , just try'in to help you out here, DTB is in PA. I believe , can't say I ever heard anything bad about the dude when it comes to his work , IM sure 25 to 30 dollars would get that radio raring to go !! Amps is mo powa dude !! You might concintrate on your radio and antenna first and then maybe late'ta you might think about mo powa (-: First things first as they say. Let us know what's really go'in on. Peace

I have drilled holes in Police cars and Public Works trucks but when it comes to mine i hesitate. I want to put on an antenna that will last. I do not want to have to pull the headliner and all of that plastic to run the wire. The only way I can get any information is to ask on the Wed. I don't want to be a pain but you all have a vast amount of knowledge and I don't want to boar you all. There are so many antennas to choose from that I don't know what to do. The last one I purchased from radio shack was junk so I want to look at what the pro's use!

DTB will be good to go for you , Antenna , you dont want to drill but you want a good decent antenna ? You could go with the Wilson 1000 or 5000 magmount , they are just about the best there are in a magmount style. If your not going to be running any big time power ?I'd just go with the 1000s model , you will be very well to go there after. The only true differents between the to is power handling,other then that they are both well to do rx and tx antennas. good luck to you

swang kit is good if u new to this or dont know much about electronics would not recomend it but any ways clip D-9 for max modulation change R-76 (3.3k) to a 1k near mic plug change R-43 (10 ohm) to a 2.7 ohm change R-108 (1 ohm) to a .47 ohm change stock final to a 1969 tune L10,L9,L8 for max forward swing, unsolder JP 6 near final put a 220uf 16 to 25 volt capacitor put negative side of capacitor toward the final solder a 100 to 200 ohm resistor on the other side of the board across the capacitor and solder two wires one on each side of the legs on the capacitor and run them two a 1k nobe u can usolder your rf gain and use that nobe but i dont perfer that i do unsolder the rf gain and tie them back to geter and put a new 1k back in its place but i found out that the 1k that they use for rf gain does not last as long as one you can buy at radio shack may just be my luck but yea like i said if you dont know to much about it would not want you to mess up your radio ive messted up a few my self but fixed them i no a little about cb but this works great i mod all my radios usually when you do this you can key nothin and swang 25 or 30 or turn the dead key up but top end ant going to change just all depends on what company made the radio the year and so on the way the radio will perform. 73's god bless

swang kit?

billy the kid said:
swang kit is good if u new to this or dont know much about electronics would not recomend it but any ways clip D-9 for max modulation change R-76 (3.3k) to a 1k near mic plug change R-43 (10 ohm) to a 2.7 ohm change R-108 (1 ohm) to a .47 ohm change stock final to a 1969 tune L10,L9,L8 for max forward swing, unsolder JP 6 near final put a 220uf 16 to 25 volt capacitor put negative side of capacitor toward the final solder a 100 to 200 ohm resistor on the other side of the board across the capacitor and solder two wires one on each side of the legs on the capacitor and run them two a 1k nobe u can usolder your rf gain and use that nobe but i dont perfer that i do unsolder the rf gain and tie them back to geter and put a new 1k back in its place but i found out that the 1k that they use for rf gain does not last as long as one you can buy at radio shack may just be my luck but yea like i said if you dont know to much about it would not want you to mess up your radio ive messted up a few my self but fixed them i no a little about cb but this works great i mod all my radios usually when you do this you can key nothin and swang 25 or 30 or turn the dead key up but top end ant going to change just all depends on what company made the radio the year and so on the way the radio will perform. 73's god bless
That just makes me shudder, NOT TO EVEN mention HARD to even read about!! :twisted:
marven :roll:

well Marv ,shudder huh ? hard to read ? Don't take it to personal , folks mean well . Weather or not you like swing kits or not , they work for many ,as well as NPC type mods as well , it's nothing new to me and to this forum that I personally like them. Shoot Me !! ))))))I don't talk to machines , I talk to people.(((((( And as far as IM concerned in this somewhat outlawed cb radio hobby along with ALL techs whom decide to work on them and what they would conceder the right ways or the wrong ways ,is still illegal anyway I look at it ,As far as IM concerned , it's still about having fun and when the day comes I personally stop having fun ,that's when it will be over for me. Please spare me the details on why ,I've been there and heard it to many times. Happy Holidays

swang kit

switch kit;
I can't agrree more on your sentiments, Not what I was refering to. I was simply poking a litte fun at the way it was written. One big long paragragh, possibly only 2 sentences.
If a person wants to run a kicker, then they may need to use a modulation mod of some type, depends on the radio. The cobra 25 won't like this particular mod much though, if getting out on it's own is the goal.
marven :roll:

no need to roll them eye's at me buddy :D that tends to piss my ole lady off in a big way :cry: !! I agree with you , if the radio is only going to be used by itself ? Then all it would need was a simple tune up. Happy Holidays to you and yours. SK

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.