• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 25 LTD

It isn't on my 25...

I believe this mod is a power supply feeder mod. Lessens the power note the 220 and 220 - like a divider - comes form a hole as part of the RX - the part numbering looks like 1st IF.

This might be a "power good" mod to let the PLL know the RX side is working or at least it's on - telling the PLL to switch the offset back to the RX side.

Looks like more of a Uniden board in the 25' though - Cobras' discretes were put in and routed kinda' haphazard - this one looks like an older style around the times ST came out. Like their layout borrowed a design from (you know where)...

Reactions: Dmans
Found it...

Go here...

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/cobra/25ltd/graphics/25ltd_yd1022_sch.pdf

Cobra25KEPC63G.jpg

It is a power feeder mod, uses the diode and the two 220ohm branch off - one to FET and the other to the RF amp

Looks to be setback time wise as far back as the 7222AP days...

This may have been their fix to make it work. I don't often see a lot of 25's done up like this - the schematic shows Rev G - so it's obvious they updated...

:+> Andy <+:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.