• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 25 WX receive audio lower than normal....

Cruiseomatic

Dark side of the Sun.
Dec 28, 2011
Got a 25 and the WX audio and signal strength seem weaker/lower than my PC68Elite with an out of wack WX board. (Mis-Aligned)
Both receive the same freq but the cobra seems quieter. Could it be the "ears" need turned up like I did on the Uniden? The Cobra is a "Refurbished" one from mexico I got off Amazon after going through 3 now that all had the same issue. Around the meter the NW is dark and the last 2 picked up local 2M ham repeater. This one doesn't. Although face around meter still dark.
And no, I didn't "golden screwdriver" the Uniden WX board either. It didn't pickup ANY when I got it. (Floor model at fry's) and now it at least gets a couple.
But anyone looking for a 25 WXNWST on Amazon, Don't get it from "Thousands of electronics". All refurbs from mexico and they don't want to admit to anything.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.