• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 audio IC

The new 29's use a different chip than the 7222 (I'm not sure the exact date this changed, sometime late last year I believe). IIRC it's something like YD1022 (not sure of the number, I can check Monday when I get to the shop). It is an altogether different chip, and currently there is little info on the net about it. Only source I have found for them is Cobra.

There is atleast one other source I know of.. LESCO Dist. has them...

Space Cadet said:
The new 29's use a different chip than the 7222 (I'm not sure the exact date this changed, sometime late last year I believe). IIRC it's something like YD1022 (not sure of the number, I can check Monday when I get to the shop). It is an altogether different chip, and currently there is little info on the net about it. Only source I have found for them is Cobra.

15 ? Your audio will work fine through your PA speaker as long as your audio chip is working (it's working), no needle movement (RX as you put it) sounds more like you have a power problem :( Where did this radio come from ? it could have been hooked up backwards without a fuse inline and the pertect diode could be blown ? Could also be the final and driver are gonzo as well ? , check the diode right below the power connector in the radio on the board , good chance you would see one fried up if that were the case (not always , but most of the time) you would need to change that if it is . If you take the burnt diode out of line and the radio now TX's that was your problem (it will work out of line but not the best of ideas to leave it that way , best to replace the diode) if that's not your problem I would now look at the final and driver , most of the time it's just the final went bad (bad SWR's will cause this on many a radio) but it's best to change both final and driver if you can ,

if that is a LTD check TR6 TR7 <for receive and no it wouldn't be that diode if it was it be popping fuses if it was hooked up wrong.....till you cut the diode to bypass it to see if it was the cause of a blown fuse :)
See the problem with radios is the transmit section is way easier to detect something wrong quicker,compared to the receive section
so check all resisters,transistors,diodes within TR6 and TR7 as you have as you said no meter movement is there any sound besides the no meter movement...did you check pin 4 from the mic input for receive?

good luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.