• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 channel kit

zebbman

Aug 27, 2010
putting a channel kit in a 29 ltd. why? cause its here and i have a kit for whatever reason. using these instructions... http://www.cbtricks.com/miscellaneous/v ... bra_29.htm . what would be a good source for 13.8 volts and what would be a good ground on the board. i was going to wire to the red wire on the on off switch and ground to chassis. yes? no? i would prefer a very simplified answer as im an idiot that can solder. explain it like you would explain it to a kindergarten kid. much abliged

It sounds like you could just solder the red wire to the latter side of your power switch (usually the volume knob with a built in on/off switch) That should give you 13.8 volts of power and make it so this kit turns off with the radio and does not stay on when the radio is off, do not solder the Positive + lead to the main power lead or it won't turn off with the radio , and your negative can go anywhere there is ground or at the base of the Negative - terminal.

ok. i kinda follow. 4 wires on the power switch. not sure what latter side means. red and pink wire on back of switch and white and green on the posts. im sure these arent standard colors for every radio. which would turn off the power. again bear with me im no electronics guru. pinpoint a ground point also please

ok, makes sense now. put a meter on it and i see the pink wire only gets power when the radio is on. wouldnt make a difference here as i turn the power supply off anyway. using it in the house. just need a ground and im done...

what would be a good ground point near the delta tune. thats where i put the kit...please be specific. maybe a switch or dial or is there a common on the board

cool. done and works good on the low side great. starts to sound bad on the high side from channels 18 to 30 or so. probably needs adjusting

If this mod give you the "Uppers" and "Lowers" (as in channels) then your radio may need re-tuning or broad-banding.

T23

instructions say to replace the diode at d13 but i dont know what diode value to use. i didnt buy the kit, it came in another parts radio. if anyone knows what diode to use to broadband it let me know

I was going to say I usually take some thing sharp or pointy and scrape the corner of a can and solder there.

wasnt there to pull. that was the first thing i checked...like i said worsk fine on all channels on the lower side. 1-18 on the high side. nothing above that. ill keep searching but if someone comes up with an idea feel free to let me know

definately the right one. like i said instructions say to replace the diode to broad band it. im going to have it adjusted to see but i would like to know the diode so i can replace that too

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.