• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 classic extremely low recieve/transmit

Myst-hic

Mar 5, 2021
Hello gents, I am.very new to tweaking/repairing cbs, at the moment all I have is my voltmeter for checks. I was fiddling on solder side of board and crossed the area of r103 when I dropped a probe, long story short my fuse online was a 5 amp fuse, before it blew a trace popped above the t1 transformer..i have since gone down the rabbit hole of first fixing the trace, then tr23 with a c2166, then t1 started to fry..next step was replaced d8 reverse diode I believe, put a 1969 final in, and d 20 zener was shattered so i replaced with unknown spec of same size from old stereo just in case after the t1 meltdown I put a tip122 driver in (that worked with 2166 in another radio I have). I have tried a c120 of same value from.another radio, but just tested different ohms then it's counterpart after mounting. My current ailment is extremely low recieve, talkback (the resister mod across pa and speaker) works ok, I can hear myself clearly on transmit, watt meter shows no power output. I'm getting 5v on emitter and base of tr23, 13.5 on collecter..somewhere in radio I watch that 5v drop to near nothing bit I cannot remember where. Any of you gentlemen have any thoughts on why base/emitter voltage would be so low? I did replace c119 as well would having a zener of lower value cause such low voltage on driver? I thank you kindly on any input or ideas you may have, been following your expertise for a few months now..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.