• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 29 GTL RECEIVE PROBLEM ????

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
As old as this radio is , it was a virgin , tuned up very nicely 5 to 20 at 100% modulation. Receive acts like the RF-gain is turned down ? the pots seem good to go and are set as they should be. (I've had a few radios over the years like this one , but it was usually just a adjustment to one of the cans in the radio) So if it were to be a part in the radio , IM asking what that part might be for me to change if that should be the case ? thanks SK

hey Jim, I took a buddy of mine down to our local shop to get his older midland tuned up. His rx was very poor but came alive when the tech realigned the rx side. I am sure you already know this, good luck.

lords wrote:
I take it you don't have a service manual on that a?
or check this vr1 receive gain and run it down the line for a transistor...
or check this
R-31 is supposed to be a 47k 1/6W and it opened up to 137.5k

vr 1 is all the way open , I'll take a look at R-31 , I'd be very surprisd to see a 1/6th of a watt resistor in this old beast. Just a long time hobbiest like you Tex , Ole Switch can use some help from time to time as well. Thanks for the post Lords.

R-31 was good to go , changed a few other parts and no change, appreciate the help here all the same. On to the shelf it goes for later investagation. That's alright though , Mr 29 will have few other friends on that same shelf gathering dust and waiting for futher investagtion and or body part transplants.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.