• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 ltd only has 5% audio.

ctlittlemike

Mar 5, 2012
Ok.the radio keys up with its normal watts but only has 5 percent audio if you yell into the mic...

I have checked the pa and its working,RX is working.audio limiter and resistor near vr4 are still there also.

next I will check the mic gain and vr4 to see if there working..

I have had alot of 29s that were smoked and never seen this.can the audio chip be on its last leg?

any help guys?I now the basic radio stuff.but this one has me stumped..

if you're using a power mic did you check the battery ? did you try a different mic ? is the mic gain turned up ?

Tried the stock mic and a mic from another working 29..just yanked out the audio chip.d8 and tr 17 and replaced them with one,s from a working unit and still get 5% audio.even tried a different radio to make sure the meters were ok..going to try tr18 later on..

It will not win,It will not...lol...I will trace down every part from the mic input to the end of the audio circuit and replace them all...ITS NOT BROKEN UNLESS I BROKE IT...

THANKS GUYS

sounds like the radio was tuned for all dead key having the L- slugs mistuned can cause this
also did ya try cranking up the audio vr inside the radiio vr-4 i think

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.