• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 LTD ST Receive Problem

KGC-7375

Jun 20, 2015
Hello everybody. I recently bought an older cobra 29 LTD Sound Tracker from a friend. When I got the radio, I got inside of it (like I always do) to do simple little mods to it... Well I had the top off of the Cobra 29 and I was adding talkback to the radio when I accidently shorted something out with a screw near the front/middle of the radio on the "solder side" of the CB. Now my Cobra 29 wont receive anything and my channel display goes blank when I put the bright/dim switch to dim. I have my RF Gain knob turned all the way up and my squelch knob turned all the way down and there isn't the normal CB static. The radio still transmits the same as it did before the receive went out. The needle on the S-Meter doesn't move at all either (when not transmitting). Any help would be appreciated as to what I may have done to may radio. Replacement parts? Thanks.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.