• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 ltd

Trainwreck

Aug 4, 2012
Got a cobra 29 ltd that i am working on for a friend i have tried 2 diffrent finals and cant get it to key over 4 watts. Finals are irf520 and erf2030 any ideas thanks for the help.

Have the TX coils been peaked yet?
Did you play with cap values?

Everything's been peaked out.....i have been playing with the caps and haven't done any good so far......guess i haven't hit the right one yet. The radio has not been used in about 20 year my friend had told me. It was his dads first radio so i am very cautious with it.

Was it broke when you got it? If not put it back to stock and then give it a nice easy peak/tune and be done. The mosfet mod for older 29's is not a simple direct swap. I think cb tricks has the step by step instructions. Good luck.

Was it broke when you got it? If not put it back to stock and then give it a nice easy peak/tune and be done. The mosfet mod for older 29's is not a simple direct swap. I think cb tricks has the step by step instructions. Good luck.

Yeah it wasnt doing anything when the guy brought it to me. I changed the final to get what i have now. I have done the erf2030 mod on it ......same result. I have tried the irf520 mod on it ......same result. I have racked my brain trying to figure it out.thank you guys for your help. God bless

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.