• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 ltd

excavator701

May 23, 2005
my tech just done the power and audio mod with the different finals in this radio but he set my deadkey at only ahalf a watt and its not driveing my amp i want to turn it up to about 3 watts ??? can any of you tell me where i can turn the am carrier up with this mod in the radio i havent had any luck yet thanks!!!!!!!

not sure what the mod is to tell you what to do here 701 ? if your tech did it ? can't you just take it back to him and tell him whats up ? final change ? What's the radio supposed to be doing ? if it's a cap/resistor mod the resistor would have to be changed in order to get the DK watt higher , but like I said.I don't know what your tech did to the radio ?

Like switch said without knowing what the last guy did exactly its hard to tell ya what to do other than take it back and when your there ask him what he all did exactly for future reference

cobra 29

he done the mosfet modifications with the final change in the radio i was told by someone else that if that mod was done there is no way to adjust the deakey anymore not unless i get a variable put in the radio i was just wondering if someone could tell me so i dont have to drive 65 miles to my tech again thanks!!!!!!

If he did the mosfet mods exactly as they're laid out on cbtricks.com, then you wouldn't have such a low key. it sounds to me like your tech did something else he probably shouldn't have. Look at L17 (square can) just in front of the driver's mounting location. Right in front of that is JP32. If that looks like anything other than a simple 1/4"-long wire jumper running from left to right, then remove whatever is there, and replace it with a simple wire jumper.

Also look at JP36 in front og the final. It should also be a simple wire jumper. if it isn't, remove whatever is there and replace with a wire jumper. JP36 runs front to back, from right at the corner bend of that heat sink back to the hole just 8in front of the final bias resistor.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.