• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 plus?

noyb72

Apr 19, 2007
Looks like a 29 with a different face plate. Any other differences? The one I'm looking at was made in 1987. What do you think?

Thanks

Ron

It's an OK so so radio 72 , and it is nothing like a Cobra 29 GTL/LTD Classic type radio. (Those are much better radios) If it is a used C-29Plus , the light shows on them can have burn out problems and look like crap if they do. They are usually clipped because they don't have a VR control for the modulation in the radio. (usually , but not always) they can have a resistor in line to be brought down to 100% if that should be the case. I hope that helps you. And good luck to you.

Thanks, I think I've settled on a radio. I like what I read about the TR 966. The price seems right and the features I want are there. I know the two radios (TR-966 and Cobra 29P) don't have much in common but to be honest, I really like the case on both of them. Neither of them look like the traditional Cobra wich is just a little dated to me. I understand why most radios are built to look like a radio. I am a truckers kid and if Dad or one of my uncles saw something that didn't look like a 29 or 148 they'd say "not in my truck!" Considering that the overwelming percentage of CBs are marketed to truck drivers, it makes scence to be conservative. My Bronco II has a Double DIN touch screen GPS in the dash, so conservative as far as form factor and technology I am not. I want to spend my money on something that looks like it was made in 2007 instead of 1977, as long as the thing performs. From what I have read here and other places, the TR-966 does.

Thanks
Ron

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.