• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 Stealth

Mr. Keydown

Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
With all the trouble that a guy could get in driving in and out of the U.S. with a converted 10 meter radio, I was in the market for a Cobra 29 without using an amp, wanted a clean audio radio, with good wattage, then I found a shop that built Cobra 29 Stealth Radios, so I got one and man all I can say it swings and talks like a Magnum S3, with PEP about 54, loud and has a receive mod in it so it receives clean, and Audio 2nd to none, the only thing that gives this radio away is it has a small heat sink on the rear, Sparky's CB shack is the builder of these,,,like I said its the best radio I own,,Louder and less bleed over vs my General Lee or Magnum S3

Custom Cobra 29LTD 'Stealth' Loaded & Loud

With all the trouble that a guy could get in driving in and out of the U.S. with a converted 10 meter radio, I was in the market for a Cobra 29 without using an amp, wanted a clean audio radio, with good wattage, then I found a shop that built Cobra 29 Stealth Radios, so I got one and man all I can say it swings and talks like a Magnum S3, with PEP about 54, loud and has a receive mod in it so it receives clean, and Audio 2nd to none, the only thing that gives this radio away is it has a small heat sink on the rear, Sparky's CB shack is the builder of these,,,like I said its the best radio I own,,Louder and less bleed over vs my General Lee or Magnum S3

I'm interested to see what the members here think too ....

With all the trouble that a guy could get in driving in and out of the U.S. with a converted 10 meter radio

U.S Customs and Canada Customs could care less about a converted radio i say this because i Cross over to canada at least 2 times a week they dont even look at the radio they are more concerned about your load or your citizenship and if you have any fire arms or tobacco and where your going and how long you will be there .

I have had U.S Customs officer's walk up to my vehical while i was talking on the radio in line waiting to come up to a both and ask me how far i talked on it looked at the radio Magnum S980 Nitro and said wow thats cool and then he walked away .

I also have had many random checks on the Canadain side and the US side and they dont even ask about the radios in any of my vehicle's.

My step kids live over there and we are over there every weekend. The only thing the well warn you about are radar detectors as there are illegal over there. forgot i had it up on the dash and the canadain customs officer ask me to take it off the dash and put it away.

been going over there for 7 years now

So dont be so worried about it They just could care less about a cb/10 meter radio

Last edited:

curios here how ya like that mike that comes with it?reviews ive seen say its not as tinny
sounding as the 636l.but my rk56 isnt as tinny as my 636l eithersomeone asked about
deadkey thier website say comes with low/high power setting.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.