• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 WX NW ST ..... NO RX/TX

My radio meter is in the mail box at home... I have a transistor/cap/resistor tester still on the way will get meter in soon and start on the trail

Nice work, not sure of the condition...

???

You know, most of the stuff amongst the various types LTD, GTL and LX all pretty much the same design inside but the differences are in there...

Have any tools like a dummy load? It's a 50 ohm load for the antenna jack so you don't destroy the final or driver if you key up the radio for testing...do not know if you used one during your initial checks...

The Nightwatch part, does that work?

ST is a Moniker for sound tracker - a means of noise reduction and compression - it uses a compandor - so if it's 2011 - there are minor differences within the various ST platforms used during that time.

Another aspect is the Weather (WX) function - have you tried that feature yet?

Just various features they use and to know the condition they are in - working or not, would help in diagnosing other problems so we can get the more disparate crippling parts under control and then the finer tuning of the less critical can then get more of the radio into a working condition.

Now due to the nature of my job, I couldn't take a lot of photos due to privacy for the customers but I do have several 29's here if that can offer a way to show us what you'll need to work on...

But I would need to know what you are dealing with so anything you can help as documenting and diagnostics can help us move forward far more efficiently.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.