• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29

Coax Kid

May 5, 2006
Hi Guys
I'm going to try to fix the meter light that has burned out. Could you guys help me by writing back on how I go about this. I'm so so with a S. pencil, just need some light on how/what to take apart to do the job. thanks coax kid

take the covers off , you will see the the meter , find the side that the blub goes into meter , should be 2 red wires going through a rubber white gromit , you can take a needle nose and carefully grab on to the gromit and work it out the side of the meter (sometimes they use a rubber type glue but that will normally pick right off) you will see how the blub sits in the gromit ,usually you can pull the blub out with the wires following through the holes in gromit , you can then cut the old blub off and solder a new one on , you might find them still at Radio Shack . Take the old one with you to compare , it needs to be 12 volts. It may or may not look the same but it will be close enough. That's it ! Good luck to you
im002493zp9.jpg

im002494it3.jpg

Hi Guys
Thanks so much for the info, maybe this weekend I'll get to it, I'll let you know how it turns out.
Coax kid

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.