• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29ltd classic mystery switch

iamk4jsg

Jun 21, 2022
Hi all.. Found this Radio out in a box in the garage.. not sure where it even came from honestly. It has a switch on the back that i cant figure out what "trick" its supposed to do. Its just an up or down position switch. Anyone have any suggestions? The radio is a 29ltd classic.

Attachments

• 20220620_192714.jpg
    20220620_192714.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 20220620_192403.jpg
    20220620_192403.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17

Hi all.. Found this Radio out in a box in the garage.. not sure where it even came from honestly. It has a switch on the back that i cant figure out what "trick" its supposed to do. Its just an up or down position switch. Anyone have any suggestions? The radio is a 29ltd classic.
need a pic as to where the wires go on the board

Well VR6 (the mangled potentiometer) is for the antenna warning light. I have no clue what is going on there.

Seeing the two wires still hooked up - kind of reminds me of a Talkback - for the one wire arrived at the PA jack, the other appears to go under the switch - the only thing other that area in that type of board are ground points.

So perhaps they designed a "alarm" of some kind of recorded Audio chip now cut out - and the switch grounding the PA side, so if someone threw the switch more than likely it was a "trick" effect to announce (prolly at full volume) whatever was recorded on that audio chip played back thru the speaker.

Here are 2 more pics if they will help. It does look like 2 wires were cut off of the switch. do not see where the other ends of the wires went.20220620_211153.jpg20220620_211101.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated