• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29LTD Sound Tracker

Oct 17, 2010
I'm new here, so please forgive if this has been discussed. Throughout my many years of CB radio hobbying, one thing that I've heard over and over is, "How can I possibly get the noise outta my mobile"?

"My alternator whirs and whines thru my rig in proportion to my acceleration....etc like a freight train a' comin'"

HELP!!

All of the $$ minded have jumped in with their "filters" and such throughout the years, and some of this issue can be resolved with these. However, I want to share that the Cobra 29LTD SoundTracker - if you can find one - will put a smile on your face, if it's reduced mobile interference that you crave. It's noise blank is excellent alone, and then it contains an extra blank called ST - which will further blot out interference for you - all apart from actual squelch. I've actually mounted mine indoors with my regular base set-up - running it off of a power supply. On days when the DX is overwhelming and crushing my local talk attempts, I turn it on - push the TS button, and it's honestly as quite as Church mouse - and the locals come in as clear as a bell!

I highly recommend this 29 model. If anyone has had negative experiences with this radio, please post them - I'm interested to see.
Here's Cobra's original presser release for the rig - followed by a pic of mine. This is not a "look what I have" post for me to boast of a CB that I own - it honestly has helped me in a common issue area of line noise

From Cobra:
Cobra proudly introduces the first Patent Pending Technology that dramatically
improves the transmission and reception of CB radio signals - SoundtrackerTM.
This revolutionary system reconfigures the transmission signal which allows it to be
transferred more effectively through cluttered air waves. It literally "punches" your
message through the hundred of thousands of signals that are in the air. At the same
time SoundTrackerTM dynamically adjusts the relationship between the signal and
static commonly referred to as noise. This allows Cobra's SoundTrackerTM to
significantly reduce the amount of static on all incoming CB signals. The system can be
further optimized when two SoundTrackerTM CB's are used to talk to each other.

The end result is a clearer, cleaner-sounding reception of signals and more powerful
transmission which dramatically improves CB communications.

It should be noted that due to the technical characteristics of SoundtrackerTM, there is
a noise level threshold upon which the noise reduction benefits are not realized. If there
is a high degree of background noise, Soundtracker TM will provide little or no benefit.
Maximum performance is realized under moderate noise levels

Here's mine:
PA174390.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.