1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Cobra CA 79 Hand ECHO Power Mic - Great

Discussion in 'CB Radio Gear SwapShop' started by Wire Weasel, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Wire Weasel

Wire Weasel Senior Moment

Here's a fairly rare Cobra CA 79 hand held Power Echo Mic. Wired 4 pin Cobra/Galaxy with new 9V Duracell installed. Excellent condition. These mics aren't seen very much and I think they were only made for a year or two. They have really good clean echo and I think they're the best hand mic Cobra ever made. I've had one for years and came across this one recently in a trade and don't need it. Thumbwheel on top/rear of mic for echo adjust. Red LED on front lights when you key the mic.

$40 shipped with Delivery Confirmation. Mail payment or paypal gift please (y)

Attached Files:

2. Wire Weasel

Wire Weasel Senior Moment

Sorry the pic is a little dark. Looks like many types of modern Cobra mics with the "cage" type front and has the snake symbol on front. Looks like a CA 73 or any type like that.

3. SCG

SCG Member

Is this still available?

4. Sarasota Slim

Sarasota Slim Well-Known Member

6 years later? I would be surprised.

LeapFrog and midnight special like this.
  5. Techman1971

Techman1971 Member

I have one. Never knew they were hard to find. Lol

Attached Files:

6. Techman1971

Techman1971 Member

7. Alabama Flash

Alabama Flash Member

Are they that good? I got one wired for 4 pin and was thinking about putting a 5 pin on it for my 148F

8. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Active Member

I would not run a power mic on a 148. I tried with a Astaic Road Devil. Worked well on AM, but in SSB it creates too much swing modulation. I turned it down real low, reports noticed difference when turned down. Created clipping effect even with a low setting. A good noise canceling mic will be the best to run on anything sideband. I would like to get one of the CA 79's just for posterity / nostalgia purposes.

9. Alabama Flash

Alabama Flash Member

The ca-79 is an echo mic, unlike the ca-75 I think you’re referring to.