• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra chrome no receive pure static

However the only way I can receive is by turning on talk back.

(Talk back is built in)

PLL pin 9 is still showing 4.5 volts instead of 9

I’m starting to feel in over my head here

But I’m continuing to work and study the suggestions given

The issue with PLL showing 4.5V - remember that PLL's are SENSITIVE to voltages that are higher than their true power feeds.

They can get killed by static and higher votlages...

You're asking about Pin 9's voltage.

That depends on what voltage the chip is getting.

Most of the time the NEWER boards use 5V - to power the PLL.

So if you can verify that Pin 7 and Pin 11 are 5V or slightly higher, then don't worry.

The Voltage you see is ok if the PLL is running on 5V - doesn't need to be 8 to 9V - that "schematic" is from another time when CB-boom was big and people needed help understanding how the PLL worked and made channels.

These days, most of those systems are all 5-volt based - so you need to know if the RX to TX if Pin 9 DROPS voltage from 4.5V to 0V when it switches modes.

If it does not, suspect the keying circuit and or areas around that Mic jack.

The radio uses Pin 1 and GROUND and Pin 4 as SPEAKER return - which you SHOULD NOT hear the radio AT ALL when you pull the mike out of the jack - it should go dead. You say you're hearing noise, with no mike plugged in - so that is not right.

Reactions: Woody-202

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated