• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra enterprizes derringers are crapshoot

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
I got a davis derringer which is a cobra in .22 and a cobra in .22 mgnum.both have been fired lots never a problem.
Decided id like a big bore cobra so off to gun store.i bought 1 in 9mm with black ceracoat finish.
Got it home swabbed barrels out then loaded 2,115 grain jhp rounds in it.shot decent but as always horindus trigger pull. Opened er up reloaded,trigger felt odd ,click no fire,cocked n boom.ok she didnt fire top barrel.laid it down n heard a click,trigger pin fell out,didnt see that,pulled hammer back trigger went flying lost trigger spring. Upon further examintion i seen metal shavings at the wheel that changes firing order. Put the p.o.s. In the box took it back to store n its goin back to cobra. Last time im buying a cobra

Reactions: 357magnum

Yeah, you get that with a lot of manufacturers. Had a friends baby Desert Eagle 9mm only fired one round and jammed. Metal filings all through it. Looked like it had been built in back shack somewhere. I guess he rush to market exceeds quest for quality.

Yeah, you get that with a lot of manufacturers. Had a friends baby Desert Eagle 9mm only fired one round and jammed. Metal filings all through it. Looked like it had been built in back shack somewhere. I guess he rush to market exceeds quest for quality.
yes,this 1 from what i could see has too wide n opening where hammer pins in.lets barrel selecter set cockeyed n dig in frame.
I can fix most firearms but this is not gettin fixed by me.if it was used as much as my other 2 id make a shim n end the sloppy clearence. But its new n the 2 used 's i got were bought under $35 apiece

Thanks Rwb ! Iv'e been looking @ Derringers , but one I want is 410ga & 45 cal . Not sure if Cobra makes them .... but it won't be one of those ! :whistle:;) Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

Reactions: Rwb
Rwb , I think I might have mentioned this before ? I have a Markarov 380 acp , & shot it for years Np's . Now I have to buff the feed ramp ? After many years it decided to start jamming up ! :whistle::mad: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

Thanks Rwb ! Iv'e been looking @ Derringers , but one I want is 410ga & 45 cal . Not sure if Cobra makes them .... but it won't be one of those ! :whistle:;) Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo
yes cobra builds them. But go buy either american derringer,look at lady derringer,she is the owner or a bond arms derringer. Only reason i wanted a cheep saturday nite special,if in a tight it could get you out. Not this turd. Sadly my 2 others work flawlessly. But started reading n cobra quality slipped bad

Rwb , I think I might have mentioned this before ? I have a Markarov 380 acp , & shot it for years Np's . Now I have to buff the feed ramp ? After many years it decided to start jamming up ! :whistle::mad: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo
Yes use a dremmil n very fine polish n slowly smooth it up. I had to do that to both my. Feg pa 63 in 9x18 makarev

Rwb , Thanks ! Google is my friend & evidently this is a problem w/ these guns . :whistle: That's just what I'm going to do , I watched a few Vid's on Youtube . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

Rwb , Thanks ! Google is my friend & evidently this is a problem w/ these guns . :whistle: That's just what I'm going to do , I watched a few Vid's on Youtube . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo
Your welcome. Go slow n try cant put back what you remove

I had a Davis 38 Special years ago. I liked it had a friend that reloads load up some 148gr 38 Special wadcutters backwards in the case. The hollow base opens up and the will tumble and keyhole. Good at Derringer ranges. The safety button just fell out of the gun. Davis replaced it. Don't think I fired a box of shells through it before it failed. Traded it off. My father has a Davis 32 H&R Mag. He shoot 32 S&W Long through it for practice. Carries it a lot due to its size. Derringers fit in a pocket. You should always trust whatever you carry.

I had a Davis 38 Special years ago. I liked it had a friend that reloads load up some 148gr 38 Special wadcutters backwards in the case. The hollow base opens up and the will tumble and keyhole. Good at Derringer ranges. The safety button just fell out of the gun. Davis replaced it. Don't think I fired a box of shells through it before it failed. Traded it off. My father has a Davis 32 H&R Mag. He shoot 32 S&W Long through it for practice. Carries it a lot due to its size. Derringers fit in a pocket. You should always trust whatever you carry.
i have owned my davis .22 and cobra . 22 magnum for years. Both been shot a lot never a miss. So naturally i bought that 9mm cobra. Opps what a booboo. It gets back from cobra warrenty ,if they dont replace it,im swapoing it off taking a loss but to never buy another cobra

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?