• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra NW Radios... I got the Cobra Tech. Bulletin to fix it !

Dodgem250

Apr 6, 2008
Indian Head, Maryland
I contacted my long time pal at Cobra and he gave me some inside scoop on the latest, top secret, Tech. Repair Bulletins regarding the NW radios that everyone has been having the failing Night Watch light issue with.

Basically, he gave me the repair information for the NW light failure issue, but, they are prone to burnout from the start, that is if you have a unit that is more than a year old, they are starting to show their parts fault in a big way.

I will tell you this, the repair part is not cheap, so, think about what your radio means to you before you decide to ask someone to fix it for you, the labor is cheapest thing happening here, I almost had a heart-attack when he told me my dealer price!

I'm currently in the process of ordering replacement parts right now (ka-ching!), and I'm gonna get several of these (second mortgage here), I know people want them pretty green lights to work, so, I'm gonna be ready to make the repairs next week. Beside, I have a few NW units setting here right now, that are "top-shelf" units, but, the NW back lights do not work, but, the radios sure do. I almost don't even care about the NW lights, but, I'll fix it anyway.

If anyone is interested in a copy of the Technical Bulletin for the NW series units that's stored in my email... Email me at: Dodgem250@somd.net

Thanks, Dodgem
www.Dodgem250.com

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.