• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra or Browning ?

silvereagle1

May 4, 2012
Hey all If you were to buy Cobra 2000 or a Browning Golden Eagle witch one would you pick.And why? Or if something else. Thank You silvereagle1 :D

It depends if you run

ssb or am alot...i ran a mk3a for years,and ran maily ssb 99% of the time.Its fun,its a realy great talker on am,and there isnt a better reciever than the mk3a or the B...some will say there isnt a diffrence,but there is...like they say there isnt a diffrence in siltronics 1011d radis,there was two difrence..the mk4 is a good one also,but the mk 3 you can get any part for it...the 4 you will play hell finding some parts...at one time i had 5 brownings,from amk2 to a 4a...73 de JW

Depends upon the condition of these radios. One is very old and the other one is getting pretty old. The old tube radios sound better - IMO; but if it needs to be overhauled - it is no bargain (electrolytic caps, tubes, and alignment). The 2000 is a decent radio too - even if it is solid state. The 2000 may also need new capacitors and an alignment. Bottom line is just how well these radio choices were serviced.

Last edited:
You all rock ' See that why i like this site so well 'you dont mind helping. Heres the thing i take what you tell me to heart because if i did not want to know I would not of asked. Thank You.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.