• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra rf gain pot

fireman32_14

Jun 11, 2011
the vr1 pot in the cobra 29 and vr2 pot in the 25 is for rf gain if I'm correct, what is the difference in this vs the rf gain on the front panel? Should I just crank it all the way open and adjust with the rf gain knob or leave it backed off a bit like it was from the factory

the vr1 pot in the cobra 29 and vr2 pot in the 25 is for rf gain if I'm correct, what is the difference in this vs the rf gain on the front panel? Should I just crank it all the way open and adjust with the rf gain knob or leave it backed off a bit like it was from the factory

If you crank that vr up, It will just bring more noise into your radio. You then will have to turn the rf gain on the front, back, or crank the squelch up and achieve nothing. Just leave it at factory setting.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?