• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra148gtl vs uniden76xl

bubby1

Mar 22, 2009
With all things being equal what would be a better choice for mobil application barefoot?Cobra is a malaysia made and uniden is philly.I know the 148 has ssb but will it talk/hear as well as the uniden for AM?

id ask this question first.... do you want to talk ssb ?

if yes, then you just answered your own question.

for what its worth;
i used to not give a lick about ssb, and would very rarely use it. now, its all i use.

Reactions: 1 person
id ask this question first.... do you want to talk ssb ?

if yes, then you just answered your own question.

for what its worth;
i used to not give a lick about ssb, and would very rarely use it. now, its all i use.

DITTO

Not into ssb at this time(maybe at some point).Just looking for a good talking/reciever for everyday use.Was told the 148 would be a little down on peak power compared to the uniden.Also told the uniden would out-talk the cobra but the cobra would have better ears.

Not into ssb at this time(maybe at some point).Just looking for a good talking/reciever for everyday use.Was told the 148 would be a little down on peak power compared to the uniden.Also told the uniden would out-talk the cobra but the cobra would have better ears.

The 148 has a much better receiver and a bit more impressive audio. Whoever told you the Uniden would out talk the 148 is ignorant or probably trying to get you to sell it to him.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.