• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coily Burban rebuilt.

mrcoily

Apr 3, 2005
oregon
www.mrcoily.com
Just thought i would share some pics of my Mudduck squashing dx and antenna testing unit..73sss enjoy......and remember no reflect is no excuses....1.0.1 and 50 ohms!
Will add some more pics and other vids and stuff later.
9 X Trojan deep cycles....9 D8 cat batts not in truck but there if needed for extras.
7/8 HELIAX WITH 7/16DIN CONNECTORS
Basicly 800 amps or power..5 alts 2x220 delcos..2x 160 lesse nevilles and 1x105 amp unit to run the truck..and 2xtranspo voltage regulators variable 21 volts..nice clean setup works great for them 10kw tests and dx spikes.73sss and hammer down!

Attachments

• 5886bd00.jpg
    5886bd00.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 59661c90.jpg
    59661c90.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 59559c30.jpg
    59559c30.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 59751bd0.jpg
    59751bd0.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 528

are you gonna be running 30K predators on it ?

YouTube - ‪New Predator 30k Antenna‬‏

I suppose i could,i have plenty traded units that people have talked me into for upgraded Punishers...But truthfully Booty boy i like to run them Predators thru the vertical band saw they make such a nice ring noise.if you need a few let me know some my guys up portland way still have a few the Duck antennas leaning in the corner...Ouch!

comp setup

Here is the other pics of my ready to go setup.I think i will add 3 more elements.will see if i get smoked or not brand new setup the feils meter showing very good forward gain.but its a hobby and about having fun so no matter.
Ill be running 8 pill and 16 pill and 32 pill this year....See you there!

Attachments

• 5ae80e00.jpg
    5ae80e00.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 5af7fdf0.jpg
    5af7fdf0.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 5b080e00.jpg
    5b080e00.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 5b280e00.jpg
    5b280e00.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 208
would 5 full 1/4 wavelength antennas with no coil or top hat to shorten them work better or worse than the antennas you have on it in the pic ?

Well the feild meter shows the coils beating the 1/4 wave hands down ..feild meter on the whip was 20..on a 1-100 mfj820 meter..just changing from a my punisher to a whip i increased feild levels from 25 to 50 thats a big jump..the..coils just slam them everytime and there nice and short but higher output.

I have a very large 3football open area i use and have 10 mfj802 meters on copper rods at 8 feet tall.. 2 sets of 4 meters, one set evenly spaced out 50 feet apart at 500 feet one set at 750 feet ..then i have 3 meters i use for side strength and rejection ....for my very long range checks..i have my wife use my base..its 18 miles away over a mountain....i also use this setup for checking antennas..the mfj802 meters are very good if anybody wants a good cheaper meter and your hand wont throw it off like the cheap meters.You will need a very good spotting scope the type a shooting range would use.yes you need to push some power for longer tests.start with your single antenna..take you readings,,then add reflector take rading so and and so on continue add elements,i like to tune them out for max forward gain as i go, when you get to the last antenna your done..then you can take them off one at a time and watch your gain drop off with each one till your back to your original figures..do this several times till you cannot get any changes ........your done nothing more can be done,,or add more elements..73sss

i would suggest you shorten up the test range for lower power levels..works great using graph layouts for records and comparisons....you can also setup a test station table using a equal grounding grid...anyhow there you go..and test test test .

Sounds like a good set-up, did you have time to compare the full 1/4 wave set up and record results to compare to the loaded antennas?
One driven antenna and all reflectors, or is the back grounded?
The reason I ask is Shockwave has been doing modeling with no back door and it looks good, did you get a chance to read that thread?

I have to admit it looks like a real clean install.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated