• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

coily dx uk antenna

"I am only 35 years old i will be here longer than your old ass..so kiss off you a Jerk!!!"

and it looks like you'll get quite a bit older before you learn that discretion is the better part of valor, for your sake as well as the sake of your business. it's called knowing when to STHU, something you obviously haven't learned yet. just in case you don't know what that means, let me explain it to you. after MC began with the name calling you would have been the better man for not responding to him in the same fashion. (name calling) you should have just kept your mouth shut after my last post. MC made a perfect fool out of himself and you had to go and blow it. for an antenna builder / businessman and an engineer you both sound like a couple of spoiled children. you two deserve each other. go for it.

Actually i was being nice.He deserves it..But i suppose your right also discretion and patiance i will work on both,,i apoligize i just wish instead of him picking on me and others he would be a helping hand..i have been slammed by him many time in the past and i said nothing ...Everybody need a spanking once in a while..73sss Freecell i am sorry but he call me out :!: If he wants to hug and make up sounds good to me ,i am just doing my best and see no reason for the abuse.

i wasn't actually aware of the fact that this was an ongoing thing between the two of you. if i didn't know any better i would tend to think that he was jealous of your success or something. keep up the good work on the antennas and let's work on that company image a little bit.

remember this. some people just aren't happy unless they're making someone else miserable. don't pay them any attention and they'll go away. that's been my experience. hopefully you can benefit from it.

above all else, have fun & 73,

OK, I digress, regardless of how I feel Dan handles himself on this board, I should have taken the higher road and not called him an ASS publically. I'll apologize for that and will keep those comments to myself.

Past issues with Dan were centered around his candor on this board. He makes small little jabs here and there; nothing constructive or positive. After about 20 or 30 posts, I finally said something. It would be out of line if I was the ONLY person to feel this way, but I'm not.

I don't commercially build antennas and wish Dan all the success he can get. Just do it on the merit of the product and try not to slander other products in the process. If someone wants to buy his stuff, who am I to complain? In the CB world, there is a sucker born every minute and they will buy anything that someone says is great. I would never own ANY coil antenna; I know better. If others want to go this way, more power to them. This Dan/Kale debate early this year was a farse and completely unnecessary. Kale builds a quality product and treats his customers with respect (I wouldn't own one of his antennas either though! No coil antennas for me!). Dan may build a quality product too, but his public comments are appalling! If I had to pick one over the other, Kale would obviously get my $$$.

It's no secret Dan uses this board to sell and market his products while the other vendors use it for customer support and education. As an example, Jay will answer questions and offer help where he can. What you won't hear Jay say is, "Buy my antenna because it is the best on the market." This goes for Kale and Justin too. As a matter of fact, I could add Freecell and a couple of the novice amp builders to this short list.

Sure, I called Dan on the carpet about his lack of professionalism and am constantly bothered by his refusal to even try the written english language (same goes for many others on here). I should have still sought the higher ground. It just proves I too can be human. Imagine that!

We don't have to agree, in order to still get along with eachother. The recent Sigma IV posts is a good example of that. I'd like to see us stick to the subject and leave the "name calling" and innuendoes out of the discussion.

Also, take a few minutes to edit your responses! If you get a glowing response (biased or not), say THANK YOU and save us the duty of having to scroll through it all again! Basically, make an effort!

As a suggestion Dan, I would not pre-measure your antennas for customers if they will be used on 11 meters. This could get you in trouble as aluminum 11 meter antennas are illegal for manufacturers to sell. It could cost you some $$$ if someone complains. At the very least, you need to hide like the amp builders do! A better approach is to provide good documentation that allows the builder to modify the antenna for the band they wish to operate on. This seems to work for Jay, Maco, and Texas Star.

i can empathize with coily's excitement over his business success and it does tend to give one a "big head" at times. hell if you've made it past the first year it's party time. i do however think that the more "grandiose" claims pertaining to products and services should be reserved for the vendors website.

given time he will realize that attempting to impress anyone in forums such as this is tiring at best and that his best advertising will come from his customers. as this occurs he will be a little less inclined to "toot his own horn" so-to-speak. it's just part of the learning curve that some business owners have to contend with at one time or another.

i believe that if you both lighten up a little bit and pay some attention to everything that has come to the surface here up until now that it'll be smooth sailing from here on in.

remember, we're usually responded to in the same manner in which we are perceived. let's work on that.

we now return you to your normally scheduled programming, already in progress........

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.