• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Combination cb and scanner

boomer111

May 7, 2005
Friend is looking for such a beast. He says he saw one once. Any information?

I searched but have come up empty.

While I have seen a few models of Cb that include a scan function, or even a weather scan feature, I have never seen a Cb that would also scan Public service frequencys.....t.
There might be such a beast, but I have never seen one.

Jeff

I saw something like that quite a few years ago at Akihabara in Tokyo. I didn't look too closely at it, and I can't remember the manufacturer; only that it WASN'T one of today's big names.

Well I appreciate the reply. I know you both have been around the corner, so to speak.

I know that some radios can monitor another channel but I have never seen the scanner feature incorporated either.

He seems to think it was a Ranger model.

Thanks again for the help!!

did your friend perhaps see any number of hf/vhf/uhf radios
modded for 11 meters
with simply a scan feature

it is not really what you asked for
and yet can be easily

Good luck finding something like this. Because it's illegal in most (if not all) states for to possess a scanner in a vehicle without some sort of license, CB manufacturers won't make something like this anymore.

Good luck finding something like this. Because it's illegal in most (if not all) states for to possess a scanner in a vehicle without some sort of license, CB manufacturers won't make something like this anymore.

I'm not positive, but I think most of the states that banned scanners in vehicles were almost the same ones that banned radar detectors, and the majority of those have been east of the Rockies IIRC. Typical political thinking.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.