• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COMPARE Stryker TO Northpoint Nt-9-hp

anixon

Jun 11, 2006
nj
just wanting to see what you all think about the stryker or the northpoint 9. was thinking of buying one but want feedback on them. and which one would be better then other.

northpoint is a magnum s9 clone. rejection sucks, cheap feel, hard to see at night (to bright). it does have ssb and makes good power.

stryker poor recieve, am is all you will be using. fianl replacement is very expensive and hard to find (not now as they can use an alternitive final).

i dont like eather radio at all. the northpoit would be the winner because it has ssb.

I usually don't respond to these posts, but here goes.

Final replacement - New SR-440HP radios now use mosfet finals, replacement is easy and inexpensive. The older models can use the SD1446, which costs about $14.

Receiver - There are a few forum members that have experienced excessive receiver noise. Their radios will be at our warranty shop next week, I will post results as soon as they are available. The bottom line is if you have problems, we'll stand behind our product.

Carl said:
stryker poor recieve, am is all you will be using. fianl replacement is very expensive and hard to find (not now as they can use an alternitive final).

The final is a SD1446. Thier a dime a dozen.

now they are, as i said before they were anything but cheap.

i tried registering on the stryker forums when al's 3 hour old 440 magically decided to stop tranmitting anything more tha 1/2 watt. im still waiting to be able to join. a1 telecom got that pos back. cant contact on the forums like we were supposed to, i sure as hell wasnt going to spend $60 on a new m1104 final for it.

im glad they are now using a common final, they never should have produced without one.

Mine has a M1104 and the 100w meter on the front.
It looks like the cutout is there for the 1446 but I don't
see the holes to mount it :(

We're having some problems with our forum. Our email address and telephone number work just fine, as does our online RA request form. We have sold shops the M1104 in the past for $8, that's all they cost us.

Your radio will in fact work with the SD1446, if you remove the M1104 you will see the board is cut to accept both transistors.

Dont know how much this helps, I have seen "Strykerradio" respond and offer support on this forum for their radios.

I dont see any other manufacturers here,,

Give credit where credit is due, its nice to have a manufacturer here offering help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.