1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Compatible Mic for an FT-8500

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by Trailtech, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Trailtech

Trailtech New Member

Hi i just inherited an FT8500 with the FS10 mic and i am looking to see if there are any options as far as replacement mics or mods to make it a bit more user friendly when mobile. I see that the MH39 version offers the FS10 as an option so i assume the that the 2 versions of the radio must be very similar and i would like to make mine like the MH39 if possible. I have the programming software so for a lot of the set and forget features, i won't need the mic to access them. Any insight would be much appreciated, 73

2. Road Squawker

Road Squawker Sr. Member

I believe the MH 48a6j mic will work too.

Those potato head mics are an accident waiting to happen while driving.

Trailtech likes this.
  3. BJ radionut

BJ radionut Supporting Member

Accessories MH-39A6J DTMF Microphone... to manual page 7 this will work...
    but has been discontinued by Yaesu

Microphone extension kit for using Yaesu 6 pin mobile mics (9.8 feet) FT-8900, FT-8500 , FT-7900
    YAESU MEK-2
    Microphone Extension Kit

Trailtech likes this.
  4. Chevboy0167

Chevboy0167 Active Member

Trailtech likes this.
  5. Trailtech

Trailtech New Member

Thanks everyone , I will look into getting the mic and hopefully have a decent mobile. otherwise it will make a good base radio.

: Yaesu, Mic, fs10, mh39, help