• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Completely new to CBs

You might want to check this out. Take care.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...1358140202

rangeridersig.gif

RCI 6900FTB

X-Force 400HD

Mr Coily single coil

Wilson Silverloads

RK 56

CDX-878 Lone Star mobile

2DK57
</p>

You could give Bob a call. bobscb.com/

If you don`t get Bob just leave a message. He`ll probably return your call by the end of the day.

Main</p>

I just wanted to add my 2 cents in here and thank everyone that helped UNCherfer out. That is what makes this forum the best their is and was proud to see how you all helped him out.

Signed

1 Proud Papa

Charger383

</p>

Hey Uncherfer....Happy Hamer gave me a tip about the electrical interference once....

Do you have a cigarette adapter that you can wire to the power leads? If so, connect the radio to that and see if you still get the interference. If you do, chances are it's in the radio and there's not a lot you can do about it. If you don't (you probably won't) that means that your power leads are picking it up from something in the cab or under the hood(alternator, etc). I think it was Doc that suggested putting a 33,000 uf, 25 volt capacitor inline to help with electrical interference.

Moleculo

</p>

Before you hook up that capacitor, look at some old posts in this section on Engine Noise (from about a month ago). There's a little diagram in there on how to do it right so you don't kill yourself.

Moleculo

</p>

I'm not quite sure I understand the question, but adjusting the mic gain won't show any difference on the radio unless you're talking. It will make a difference if you're trying to tune the antenna and reading SWR's. With a stock mic on that radio, just turn the mic gain up 3/4 or so and get some local reports on how you sound. Turn it down if they say you sound splatty or mushy, turn it up until they say it sounds bad.

Moleculo

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.