• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Computer router goes nutz!

Ok, itonly apparently happens with an amp inline with the radio. I'll have to do more testing and see. I know the router probably ain't shielded properly though...

T23

I have trhe same issue I took my G5RV inverted V down and put up a better antenna a friend from 80 meters built for me and the antenna works better than the G5RV but now when I key up eith over 300 wats it shuts my modem / router down.

Eventually I dig into it and get it solved but for now we here in the house jusr deal with it and I let the wife and kids know when Im on the radio so they know that internet gamiming or computering is going to be down until Im down or back the power down ;)

Try wrapping the phone line around some ferrite cores as many times as you can. Also try using a power strip that has RF attenuation (most good surge protecting strips do).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.