• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Computer speakers..

Splash1

Jun 11, 2006
Was going to try one of these for a cb but not sure if it was safe as the computer speaker plugs into a wall socket .

Well if it plugs into the wall, then it will be an amplified speaker, stereo to boot, which means it'll have a stereo plug which you may or may not get to work as it'll have more conductors on it than you need or want. I have clipped the slave speaker out of one of these and attached an 1/8" mono plug to use as as an external CB speaker. Most that I have are 4 ohm speakers and have more bass than I care for. If you're bored and want to tinker go for it experiment. If on the other hand you're looking for an improvement over what you currently have, you might be disappointed.

It will work, but you'll have to try it to see whether or not you like the sound from it when used as a communications speaker. One problem you may have is RF getting into the speaker when you transmit. If that happens, it will likely be coming in through the power cord. Wrap it around a toroid a bunch of times and that should get rid of it.

thanks Molculo..the speaker has tone controls and sounds real nice but i was concenred about the pug into socket part..we,ll see what appens..has anyone ever tried to tap into the speakers from a'' bose radio '' ? ya know alot of them radios has a extra speaker jack on the back of them..

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.