• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connecting Cables

Mad Dog 2020

Jun 28, 2018
Hi Gang

Can someone tell me the correct cable connection?

From radio to amp to watt meter to low pass filter?
Also where should the filter be placed?

Thanks

Reactions: 2NC995

Where you put the wattmeter will depend on what you want to check. If you want to see the input tuning of the amp, then you’ll need it between the radio and amp. After setup, you’ll probably want to see the output of the amp, so it would then be last before the antenna. Or, like me, I don’t use a wattmeter at all after setup.

So, radio-amp-wattmeter like you said.

Placement of the low pass filter has been discussed a few times here with differing opinions.

One position is that the amp should only reproduce what goes in, so before would accomplish that.

If you decide to run it after the amp, just make sure it can handle the full power output. I tend to like things overrated for their duty.

Where you put the wattmeter will depend on what you want to check. If you want to see the input tuning of the amp, then you’ll need it between the radio and amp. After setup, you’ll probably want to see the output of the amp, so it would then be last before the antenna. Or, like me, I don’t use a wattmeter at all after setup.

So, radio-amp-wattmeter like you said.

Placement of the low pass filter has been discussed a few times here with differing opinions.

One position is that the amp should only reproduce what goes in, so before would accomplish that.

If you decide to run it after the amp, just make sure it can handle the full power output. I tend to like things overrated for their duty.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.