• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 3300HP Jumping frequency interm.

Franksrf

Jan 27, 2021
Like the title says, the radio will be on 27.185, then the frequency just moves around, channel stays still though. then it comes back... any ideas.
The board however doesn't say ranger with numbers like the other radios I have.... looks like a clone.

I've seen radios do something similar to that when the crystal is bad. They will show the correct frequency and be on that frequency but then at some point the display just starts "rolling" and the radio is not on that frequency anymore until it's shut off and then turned back on again. Then it may be okay for a few minutes or hours but eventually it will do it again.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
I've seen radios do something similar to that when the crystal is bad. They will show the correct frequency and be on that frequency but then at some point the display just starts "rolling" and the radio is not on that frequency anymore until it's shut off and then turned back on again. Then it may be okay for a few minutes or hours but eventually it will do it again.

you talking bout the 10mhz crystal right?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.