• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 3300HP-ZX noise blanker problem

1jonnyz

Dec 30, 2011
I am having a problem with the NB on this radio, it doesn't matter what position I have it in, it makes NO difference in the noise level, all 3 positions sound exactly the same. I did do the schottky upgrade last year to it which I liked, I don't think the noise got any worse since doing it. I am wondering if the 2 pots on the EPT3600-14B board for the NB circuit can be adjusted by me, without a signal generator, or whether that will screw up my receive if I turn one or both pots too much? I am guessing you need the proper equipment to adjust it but thought I'd throw it out there to the experts. Thanks!

i have adjusted the noise level on a few radios by just using my own ears. better to do at night with some distant radio traffic.. you can slowly adjust the pots to lower the white noise but not lose the distant signal..probably wont turn either pot more than one turn to get the results your after..BTW adjust each pot equally as you look for that sweet spot..i have my Stryker tuned at night so i have almost no white noise at all but can hear everything i need to hear..you can also go to cbtricks.com to the galaxy symptom and cure link..they might have a fix for you there..great site for info..your radio is basically a galaxy 33 or 44. (3600-14 chassis)..

Yep, I have gotten a lot of info from cbtricks! Thanks for the reply, I will try tuning them a bit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio