• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

connex 3600 talkback help

johnecashflo

Wish I Was Here
Mar 26, 2007
INDIANA
i have a connex 3600 that gets pinched down when i turn the talkback on..others say it sounds great with the talkback off but when i turn it on it seems to kill the audio.. BTW it has variable talkback from the factory.. has anyone else dealt with this problem?? also on the same radio it will not get on channel on winter mornings when radio is cold once radio warms up it will be on channel..i seen a fix for the channel problem somewhere but i cant find it now. can anyone point me in the right direction on either problem?? thanks

i have a connex 3600 that gets pinched down when i turn the talkback on..others say it sounds great with the talkback off but when i turn it on it seems to kill the audio.. BTW it has variable talkback from the factory.. has anyone else dealt with this problem?? also on the same radio it will not get on channel on winter mornings when radio is cold once radio warms up it will be on channel..i seen a fix for the channel problem somewhere but i cant find it now. can anyone point me in the right direction on either problem?? thanks
A buddy of mine gave me a Connex 3400 that does the same thing. The best
cure for it that I've found so far, is to turn the Talk Back off. I even took it by a CB shop that I use once in a while, and nothing that the guy there could do would cure it. His recommendation? Turn it off!
I have an older 3300 with Talk Back and it has never had any problems at all. Apparently, Connex changed a lot of things when they went to the newer style radios, (3400 and 3600). I do know that they do not use the same board as the 3300. Shame too, nice looking radios. But, not as well built as the older models.
trucker

thanks for the reply.. cant find much on these radios as far as schematics go for the talkback and freq section.. oh well... must just be bad design from connex..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.